Spark the Change Scholarship
Illinois Vehicle Auto Insurance believes that everyone deserves access to good, quality education to reach their career goals. We understand that for many individuals financial barriers exist that impede students from reaching their educational goals. To help support those in financial need, yearly Illinois Vehicle Insurance awards a $2,000 scholarship to two deserving recipients to use towards their education. This scholarship is open to students in 7th and 8th grades, high school students, college/university students, and adult students.
Spark the Change Scholarship Guidelines:
- Apply between April 1st, 2020 and May 31st, 2020; Winner will be announced on June 12th, 2020.
- Open to currently enrolled students or students confirmed to enter an educational program in 2020 fitting the guidelines described above.
IL Vehicle Insurance employees and their immediate family members.
- Customers of Illinois Vehicle Auto Insurance and listed household members.
- Proof of current enrollment in a tuition-based school (7th & 8th grades only), high school, college/university, or other educational institution. (Educational institution can be a trade school, alternative career path institution, graduate program, or certificate program offered by an educational institution.)
- An unofficial transcript demonstrating at least a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale for the current year’s semester or quarter if you are currently enrolled in school or education program.
- Acceptance letter to an educational institution that you will be attending this year if you are not currently enrolled. If you are a student returning to school, you do not have to submit transcripts.
Essay requirement - Pick one question from the two options below and include a one-page essay answering the following question:
- Choose a person or persons you admire and explain why.
- How will you use your education to contribute to your community?
How to apply:
- Use this link to apply: https://strivescholarship.applicantpro.com/jobs/1364879.html
- Upload all of the documents required through this application link.
- Questions related to the scholarship can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Incomplete applications will be disqualified.